Sunday, June 19, 2011

Live Your Life Just Like A Dream Without The Pain Of Good-Byes

"Days pass and turn into weeks, when we don't even speak. We just lay wide awake, and pretend we're asleep. And you go home alone, and you're checking your phone, and you're looking at me, like I'm something you own." -Changing, The Airborne Toxic Event
 

I'm growing up. I'm changing. Ergo, be regaled by some helter skelter maxims that have been rattling around in my brain as of late.

"I've owned up, I've grown up, do you remember me? I showed up and so what if I'm a used-to-be." -Overweight, Blue October

Just because my opinions are different, does not mean I'm wrong. Yeah, I'm young and naive and stupid, but at least I know it. And at least I'm living, trying, experiencing at all.

I don't love Jesus any less because I choose not to fraternize every Sunday morning with a church community that gossips about me and patronizes me. Or because I don't listen to Christian radio. Or because some of my best friends are dropouts and pot smokers. You can't claim to serve God and try to be Him at the same time. You can't judge the people you say you're attempting to save. Or the people you have the audacity to refer to as your "church family."

Jesus was out to change hearts, not wardrobes. He went to the places He was needed, throwing caution and His reputation to the wind.

Just because someone is smarter than everyone else does not mean they are always right or that everyone else around them is always wrong. Pompous isn't a good color on anyone.

I'd rather be rugged and work at a job where I get my hands dirty and break a sweat than be stuck behind a desk my whole life. To me, the environment in which you work and the people you work with are infinitely more important than the job itself. I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable (see above statement about being young and naive and stupid).

People deserve to be treated like they matter. 

We are not the sum of our actions. We are, for better or worse, whatever exists in our hearts.

To that end, pay attention to what goes on in there. 

"I wanna learn to walk with others as an equal. I wanna treat the ones who love me with respect. I wanna tell the world I'll give them all a piggyback, and try to take away my negative effect." -Overweight, Blue October

0 comments: