Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We're on your property. Standing in a V formation.

Today has been a watch old-school Green Day videos and pointedly not do homework sort of day.

SO. What a better way to redirect my time than blog about people-watching and the awesome stuff I've watched and listened to lately?

It doesn't take $40,000 worth of college education to figure out that the world is full of oblivious people. I witnessed two varieties of Those Who Just Don't Get It on my ventures to and from class today. The first: One Unfortunate Individual that thinks just because it's become socially acceptable, it actually is okay to wear leggings as pants. THIS JUST IN: IT'S NOT.


I don't care HOW nice you think your ass looks, or how skinny you are/how hot it is outside. COVER YOURSELF. Me and my neighbor got to visual third base with some random chick today because the only thing between us and her cervix was a thin layer of spandex. Now, I knew college was supposed to be a virtual den of uninformed decisions and inappropriate behavior, BUT COME ON. My heterosexuality does not swing on such a thin thread that an equally thin amount of fabric can change my views. That, and my fiancee is pretty damn attractive. 


Anyway, I have nothing against leggings personally. Just wear them underneath things. I don't think this is an especially hard concept to understand. When you leave your dorm, bring your pants (and your dignity) with you.
   
The next bullet on our itinerary is the epidemic of Oblivious Walking Texters. You are lucky I do not run into you. Much less body check you into the nearest wall or tree. Watch where you're going. AND wear pants. Kthx. I was a lot more annoyed when it actually happened, now that I'm just writing about it some of the rage has worn off. So it's entertainment factor might be in the red. But maybe this didn't happen to me for purposes of amusement. Maybe it was to give one long blogger an incredible insight.


WHAT IF. Okay. The leggings-as-appropriate-butt-covering epidemic has spread (in my hyperbolic opinion) all over the world by now, I would wager. So maybe, just maybe, this huge decrease in the amount of pockets being used has forced the general population to walk around with their phones in their hands! It couldn't be more clear if it ran me over in my lecture hall...oh wait, it almost did.

Right then. Now that I got all of my teenage angsty ranting out of the way, here's some awesome stuff you should look at!

I call this one Manders & Matthew being cute by water
 My mommy took that on Family weekend :]

Now listen to My Chemical Romance's new song! Yeah, the title is kind of lame, but from the sounds of it the guys are planning on another concept album. I dig the new punk/alternative style, and it's catchy as all get-out. I disapprove of all the non-musician-like shenanigans the band has been caught up in these past years, but I must admit I'm really excited for their new album. 

Ladies and Gentlemen: shut up and let me see your jazz hands

 That's it for now because I have to go be a college kid and actually work on a project. Check back in soon for a video blog *gasp!* It'll be very exciting.

I'll leave you with this.

xo 
MAnDers

0 comments: