Sunday, September 26, 2010

Matthew

I love you.

I love you with a love that’s as big as the sky. I love you with a love wider than my arms can spread.

I know it’s probably weird for me to compare the love of my life to my twin, but that’s how it feels. We have so much in common, and we enjoy the little things together. Anything is made exponentially better just by your presence. I can enjoy anything just as long as you’re there with me.

You’re my best friend. You’re my confidant. I tell you everything, and I know it’s okay. You carry my heart safe next to your heart. And I carry your heart safe next to mine. That doesn’t make sense. But it doesn’t really have to, now does it.

We’re getting married soon!!!!!!!!! It seems so surreal, to be talking about bridesmaid dress colors and where to open up gift registries like it’s normal everyday dinner table conversation. And it is for us. It seems so natural for me to be a part of your life, and for you to be a part of mine. We just get to have a big ceremony to make it all official. I’m so excited.

You are my love. And I want to spend every moment of my life with you. I am by myself a complete and whole individual, and yet somehow you still complete me. We are going to accomplish so many great things together. And we already have. We’re a team. We’re a force. Already we’ve come so far and overcome so many obstacles. 

We are made for each other, you and I.

Soon I will be your wife. I’ll be your wife! Isn’t that crazy?? We’ll be husband and wife, spending lazy weekends together playing guitar hero for the wii and watching the original Avatar and Transformers cartoons. We'll be husband and wife making strides for the Kingdom of God. We'll be husband and wife trying to figure out the Greek New Testament. Have I mentioned that we’re awesome? Definitely the coolest couple ever. I feel so lucky to be a part of us. That doesn’t really make sense either. And again, it doesn’t have to.

I love you. I love you with a love as big as the sky.

0 comments: